Federal Solar Lighting Tax Incentives
Federal tax incentives are available on solar LED lighting systems offered by Spark Lighting.
What types of solar electric systems qualify for the 30% Federal Tax Credit?
- ANY complete solar power package, for your business.
What determines eligibility for the Federal Tax Credit?
- If the federal tax credit exceeds your tax liability, the excess amount may be carried forward to the succeeding taxable year.
- There is no ceiling on the tax credit.
- Applies to equipment AND installation costs.
- Commercial systems have similar guidelines as residential systems but use IRS Tax Form 3468.
Every individual’s tax situation is different. Please consult a tax professional to make sure your situation is applicable.
When is the Federal Tax Credit in Effect?
- In December 2015, the Consolidated Appropriations Act extended the 30% credit for residential solar to the end of 2019. It then steps down over two years and expires completely at the end of 2021.
- 30% for systems placed in service by 12/31/2019
- 26% for systems placed in service after 12/31/2019 and before 01/01/2021
- 22% for systems placed in service after 12/31/2020 and before 01/01/2022
- There is no maximum credit for systems placed in service after 2008.
- Systems must be placed in service on or after January 1, 2006, and on or before December 31, 2021.
Optimize your commercial lighting application with Spark Lighting. We’re a turnkey lighting contractor that specializes in the design, installation, and maintenance of LED lighting for commercial and industrial properties. Our expert team delivers tailor-made LED lighting and control solutions that help clients curb operating expenses by significantly lowering energy and maintenance costs.